Saddle Trial Policy
We understand an important part of your saddle decision is verifying proper fit and comfort for both you and your horse. To help with this process, we allow trials on our new, demo and used saddles.
Trial Period and Customer Responsibilities:
- Skylands Saddlery will charge your credit card for the full amount of the saddle(s) along with outbound shipping charges at the time the saddle is shipped to you. You are responsible for the return shipping charges. All saddles are sent UPS Ground, unless specified. You are responsible for any charges associated with expediting the Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- It is your responsibility to call or email Skylands Saddlery by the end of the trial period to indicate whether or not you are keeping the If we do not hear from you, the saddle will be deemed purchased and accepted.
- A used saddle being returned under this Policy must be received back in our store – if shipped to you, within 14 days from the ship date and, if picked up at the store or dropped off at your barn, within seven days from the pickup or drop-off date.
- A new or demo saddle not being purchased must be received back in our store within a time period specified by the manufacturer, which varies from three to 10 days. The return date will be indicated on the copy of the trial policy enclosed in your shipment.
Limitations on Saddle Usage and Wear:
- Please take caution, as any saddle taken out on trial must be returned in the same condition as when it left Skylands Saddlery, or there will be surcharges for
- Please wear riding boots. To prevent accidental damages, please NO half chaps, chaps or zippers.
- Please do not put leathers through keepers.
- Please be careful when mounting or dismounting, taking care not to rub zippers, belt buckles or other objects on the
- We ask that you wrap all stirrups leathers with socks, cellophane or other soft material. Please NO VetWrap.
Any saddle returned with excessive wear (rub marks on the flaps, scratches in the leather surface, dings, bite marks, missing parts, including covers if applicable, etc.) will be assessed a surcharge of a minimum 10% of the saddle’s value. Skylands Saddlery reserves the right to determine damage in its reasonable business judgement, based on the value of the saddle in its returned condition vs. condition when taken out on trial. We understand that saddles will be girthed and expect to see billet marks.
Limitations on Used Saddle Warranty/Guarantee:
- All used saddles are sold as is. Although we thoroughly inspect all used saddles in our consignment program, we recommend having any used saddle evaluated for fit and condition during your trial period.
- Without opening up a saddle, it is impossible to confirm the exact condition of its internal components. Therefore, we do not warranty the condition of any used saddle.
- Should you have a concern about the saddle’s condition, you may return it during the trial period. After the trial period is over, you are solely responsible for any necessary maintenance and/or repairs, even to the extent they may have been present at the time of sale.
- Please note that most saddle manufacturers’ warranties are valid only for the saddle’s original owner and do not transfer to a new owner.
- Used saddles purchased from Skylands Saddlery do not come with any representations or warranties, either express or implied, including, without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Saddle Fitting and Adjustments:
- Skylands Saddlery can make minor saddle adjustments that will be adequate for a short-term trial
- We do not guarantee fit and cannot guarantee this adjustment will be adequate for ongoing
- We recommend after purchase having the saddle evaluated by an authorized saddle fitter. If you are in our local area, we will gladly arrange for a saddle fitting appointment.
No Modification. The terms of this Policy cannot be modified orally and may only be modified or amended by a written modification agreement executed by an authorized representative of Skylands Saddlery.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions during your saddle trial. Thank you!